The MassHire South Shore Workforce Board creates connections with local businesses, educational institutions and community partners ensuring alignment of strategic, market-driven, workforce goals and initiatives to support the 22 cities and towns within the region. The MassHire South Shore Workforce Board is one of 16 Workforce Boards across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that is business-led to effectively match a skilled workforce with current and expected future employment needs.
While the South Shore Workforce Board serves as the “strategic planner” for the region, the MassHire South Shore Career Center serves as the agents for “service delivery”. The South Shore Career Center offer comprehensive and satellite facilities across the region where businesses, job seekers and youth can directly access career development services and resources, . These facilities serve as a vehicle for businesses and job seekers of all ages and abilities to receive the services, resources and connections to meet the employment demands and opportunities within the region.
The MassHire South Shore Workforce Board and MassHire South Shore Career Center Teams provide a variety of free services and resources to ensure the region’s workforce possess the skills that businesses need to help them thrive and grow.
Through the MassHire South Shore Workforce Board Businesses Can:
- Access labor market information and data to help plan, prepare and strategize current and future growth opportunities.
- Find information and receive guidance on available grants and programs such as Workforce Training Grants, Workforce Opportunity Tax Credits, Safety Grants, etc.
- Receive advocacy on a Local, State and Federal level to support the needs of area businesses.
- Participate in regional and state-wide meetings and discussions to help shape policy initiatives built to address the needs of local businesses that connect a skilled workforce to match their labor demands.
- Get involved in local and regional events and programs that highlight and celebrate the region’s economic and business development strengths and new initiatives.
Through the MassHire South Shore Career Center Businesses Can:
- Utilize comprehensive talent acquisition services such as career fairs, online job postings, pre-screening of job seekers and on-site recruitment.
- Connect with a Business Service Representative to create individual recruitment strategies to meet the businesses employment needs.
- Access Rapid Response assistance for businesses in transition, expanding or downsizing.
- Utilize space within the career center facilities for interviewing, training and seminars.
- Industry Sector Initiatives
We encourage businesses to meet with one of our Business Service Representatives who will take the time to learn about your organization, assess your business needs (not only your employment demands) and share with you a variety of resources they can provide directly to you or refer you to organizations that will be able to meet your specific needs. Our goal is to support businesses and provide access to a skilled workforce.
If you would like to post a job directly to the state’s online JobQuest database, you will need to register (if you are a new user) complete a New Job Posting and upon completion, you can conduct a search of the over 30,000 candidates in our database.
Business Services Manager
Direct Tel: 774-263-7326
Additional Resources for Businesses
Business services provided by South Shore Career Centers
Mass.Gov – Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development – Business Service Page
MA Unemployment Insurance – Business Services
Workforce Training Fund Programs (WTFP)
Massachusetts Office of Business Development (MOBD)
Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM)
Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development
Mass Growth Capital Corporation
South Eastern Economic Development Corporation
South Shore Collaborative on Employment
South Shore Regions Area Chambers of Commerce:
Resources for Small Businesses
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network
Mass.Gov – Small Business Resources
US Small Business Administration (SBA)