Job Seeker Services
MassHire South Shore Career Center is proud to offer intensive, individualized services to veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Our Veteran Employment Representatives assist eligible veterans to enhance their work readiness and developing job and training opportunities. Veteran Employment Representatives provide personalized case management services to veterans helping them with topics such as job search planning, career planning, resume writing, cover letter preparation, interview preparation, labor market information, and more.
Priority Veteran Services provided by our Veteran Specialists Include:
- Personalized Case Management
- Resume Writing
- Interview Preparation
- Community Outreach Assistance
- Connection to Businesses and Employment Opportunities
- Referrals to Veteran Assistance Services
- Access to Labor Market Information
- Job Retention and Training Assistance
How to Start
- In order to begin working with a Veteran Employment Representative you must complete the following steps:
- Register on Job Quest and create a profile.
- Attend a Career Center Seminar either in-person or virtually.
- Present a copy of your DD-214 to the Veteran Employment Representative during the first meeting for verification of military service.
- If you no longer have a copy of your DD-214 we can assist you with obtaining one.
Southeastern Massachusetts Veterans Coalition
The Southeastern Massachusetts Veterans’ Coalition was founded in 2021 to provide an alliance of state and community-based organizations that connect resources and services to those that served in our nation’s Armed Forces. The Coalition is an opportunity to provide a cohesive network of city, state, federal, and private organizations that benefit the veteran community.
CONTACT A VETERAN SPECIALIST FOR ONE-ON-ONE CAREER COUNSELING AND EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE
Joe F. Robinson
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR SERVICES
To qualify for Priority of Service you must have served in the United States Armed Forces and received a discharge status other than dishonorable.